NARL - Lightweight gaming frontend
A downloadable launcher for Windows
NARL is a simple, clean, fast and customizable frontend for all of your games and ROMs, it's the all in one utility to quickly access to any game in any emulator or platform in your computer.
- Keep track of your total playtime in all of your games!
- Bulk import all of your steam games!
- Bulk import all ROMs from a folder!
- Create a shortcut to any game in your computer
- Automatically import fanmade banners from Steam Grid DB
- Linux Support (Soon!)
Open NARL Editor to add and manage your games.
- To Import steam games, press "Import Steam Games" and select your steam installation folder.
- To Import Retroarch games, scan your roms from retroarch, then go to NARL Editor and press "Import from retroarch", all scanned games will be added automatically with whatever core you've used, if you've never opened a game from that core you'll be prompted to manually select one.
- To Import a ROM full of folder press "Import from ROM folder", select your emulator EXE, fill in the parameter template (Google the format that your emulator uses for parameter line launchs) pick your ROM folder (sub folders will be scanned too) and the file extensions supported by the emulator.
- To manually add a game fill in the blanks at the right side of the editor and press "Add Game".
Open NARL to use the launcher.
- Arrow keys/D-pad to move.
- X and Y/R and L to move through collections.
- Enter/A to launch the game.
- T/Y to display time playing the selected game so far.
- Escape on your keyboard to exit the launcher
Once you launch a game the launcher will stop and won't be accesible until you've closed your game (this was made in order to not drain resources while you're gaming), certain games (like steam games) will close the launcher (this will possibly be fixed on later updates).
If you find any issues or have some feedback comment below or message me via reddit
Click download now to get access to the following files: